wrote a letter? memorized a phone number? read a book?
If you have trouble remembering your last time or it’s been a while, maybe you should try out a Week with No Technology! I’m going to start my week today. The rules are pretty simple:
Things you can’t do:
- No IM use except with people from WORK and only between work hours.
- No Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, or other social media.
- No Streaming TV or movies. NO Hulu. NO Netflix or any similar services.
- No text messages or BBM. Any communication through phones has to be through phone calls.
- No listening music to and from work.
- No Computer use at home unless its work related. This doesn’t allow you to use social media.
- No Copy or Paste for the entire week. Unless it’s computer code.
- You can listen to music but only at your job or at your home. Also, no music on shuffle. Either listen to a single track or an entire album (cassette style).
- News can only be gained from newspapers.
- Go to the movies at a movie theatre. Your boy with the 60″ flat screen and surround sound doesn’t count.
- You can use your phone but only for calls only.
To complete the challenge you have to do at least 3 of these things:
- Read a book cover to cover (2 points)
- Write a letter to someone (2points)
- Dial a phone number of someone you know. That’s their whole number not just their name in your phone’s address book (1 point)
- Go to a Library and check out a book (2 points)
- Use a Dictionary to look up a word (1 point)
- Take a photograph with film and get it developed (5 points)
Thanks to The Table of Truth for creating this challenge! Let’s do it!